The Star of the Show...

Today is the superstar's birthday, and as I sat across the table from her last night at dinner, I realized once again just how much I love her. A LOT. She is a gift from God to me. There is no other woman on earth that I would want to be married to. Her work ethic, her smile, her laughter, her desire to follow Christ, her beautiful eyes, (as well as some other bodily attributes), the joy that flows out of her, the way she fits into my arms. I could go on, but I know you want to call me schmoopy right now. As I sat and thanked God for the beauty of this gift in my life this morning, I realized that we have been together for more than fifteen years, and that both of us are near the age of forty now. Doesn't seem like we are that old, but the star said: "well, when you are healthy and taking care of yourself, and you are in a good place, it doesn't feel like you are that old." Amen and Amen. I love my superstar yesterday, today, and always.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I also said that it is awesome to know that I have a man who will love me regardless (irregardless) of wrinkles, sags, and other signs of aging. Of course, I might be pushing it to include memory loss, loss of bladder control, taking my teeth out before bed so they can soak, and perpetually smelling like stale tea and liniment.
Seriously though, thanks for the post. Best b-day gift a girl could ask for.
Anonymous said…
There is no way I could argue with such a wonderful and elegant posting. You, Pickel Head, have such a great way with words. But I guess it is just like a painter when he has a wonderful scene to paint; he is just copying what God already made. So your words of love are just perfect because she is so near to perfection. (you know it took me many years as a sister to see or say those type of things!). Thanks for taking such great care of my little sister. 15 years that used to seem like a life time, now I know it is just a begining......of eternity.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal