Blow you Away

So Saturday, I went for a bike ride. I went a route I don't normally travel on, not sure why, I just did. So I'm riding along, and I have my ipod kicking it, and I see a parent that used to volunteer at my old school, and run our fundraisers, help out, and we had some great laughs over the last few years. So the easy thing to do is to keep riding my bike, and wave, and take care of myself and ride on. But she was standing there looking up at the guy on the roof of a house. So I stop, talk to her for a while, and she tells me about her husband doing the roof for their friends. They are struggling with their business, the wife found out a month ago she has cancer, and the 13 year old daughter is going in for back surgery on Monday. She says that her usband is going to do it for free, but the 10 people that were supposed to show up to help did not actually show up.
It just so happens that I had about that many people coming to Rtown to clean up an area of the school grounds. So I talk for a while, and I take off on my bike. I'm thinking-we don't need to clean up the grounds, we need to come help. So we do. Communitas group invade the house. We strip the roof of shingles in a few hours. I got to work alongside the owner-dennis. He says that we are angels, and they would not have been able to do it if we had not shown up. I tell him about my prompting that must have been from God to ride a different way, and that's why we were helping them. He says: "Well, you have to admit, it's not every day that a group of total strangers show up to your house and help you do your roof." Truth be told, that was pretty cool. You can see pics on the star's website here.
We had already planned earlier in the week to attend a fundraiser that superstar's friend was putting on for a lady from Rtown that had cancer. We're driving home and superstar says "I wonder if that is the same family?" It is. So we got to see them again today at the fundraiser. What a positive attitude denise has with her cancer. Her smile is contagious. What an honor to serve someone that was in need. So pray for their daughter's surgery on Monday. Pray for healing for Denise. I hope that other serving opportunities unfold as we keep our eyes open 'as we go along'. Thank you God for opening our eyes to this opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal