So much...

I can't believe I haven't posted all week, especially when so much has happened. Went to MAMSE conference this week-awesome to have our staff there. Office space now is set in Gramercy, oh and by the by, a key to the park. Space now available in Gramercy in partnership with another church. Did the flood gates open when the pastor told God he was ready? Perhaps.

The biggest revelation was with pastor on Tuesday. He showed me a diagram, and the explanation of how that fits into John 14. People "believe" in God, and try to obey him. That is surely doomed for failure. The only way you can obey Him is if you first seek Him, then know Him. If you get through those two, then it is possible to love Him. If you don't love Him, you can't obey Him.

Good luck to all of us. I can tell you since I started seeking him-and I mean spending time reading the bible daily, taking time to "Be still and know that I am the Lord" (Psalms 46:10) so He could give me the shopping list, I started to really know Him. And trust me, if you know Him, you can't help but love Him. Once you love Him, obeying is not as hard as it is when as humans we say 'yeah, but....that's too hard, so I'm ok with sinning. God will forgive me.' I can't tell you how easy it is to obey when you are doing the other things because it doesn't make sense in our crazy world of rebellion and sin. Or you could just try it and see what I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day