Praises from above

I have been in constant prayer for people in communitas-for jobs for people on our team. A lot of team members thought they would already have jobs in the city by now, but don't. No one on the team is on plan A-most are not on plan B-and a lot are past plan C. It has been a trust building event for everyone on the team that is truly engaged in the process. I feel very fortunate in my position being brought to my doorstep by God, and it is not even close to what I thought would happen.
But this post is a shout of praise for my boy briggsy. He sold his stuff, packed up, and moved to nyc for a temp job. He finished the temp job, and searched for more work. God has been testing his trust for sure, and I have enjoyed the conversations with briggsy along the way. He will be the first to tell you that this has not been easy. He will also tell you about the days he was going to throw in the towel and bail on the city. But now, he has found a place that is in an intentional community and affordable (relatively speaking). I continue to pray that God will provide work for him, but I commend him for engaging in the process and trying to follow what God wants, not what he wants for himself.
I was reminded of the fact that Jesus calls us to hate our family, sell our possessions, carry our cross, and leave everything behind if we are going to engage in the kingdom. (Thanks Greg Boyd for your ability to speak so eloquently on the Word of God) He doesn't say He will make it better for you, but He says-You have to give it ALL up if you are really going to follow me, not most, not some, not a part time gig, ALL. ALL. ALL MEANS ALL.
So I praise Him for his work in my heart, and the hearts of those around me.

I was at a leadership academy this week with our organization. The leader of the training, AD, is also the person that was involved in my hiring at our organization. I really enjoy his sense of humor, and his disposition. It was really cool to sit at a dinner table with him, along with all the other people, and see him take time to pray before eating. What an encouragement to me, and he doesn't even know that. But wait, there's more. The day before, he came to me and didn't just ask about things at our school, but specifically asked how things were going with our church. That was impressive to me also. Oh, I'm not done yet. He wanted to 'catch me up' on what is going on in nyc with the schools. From what we discussed, the school that might be a fit for me looks like it might open in 2010. You might say to yourself 'wow, that's far away'. Not really in the grand scheme of things. Anywho-AD wanted to ask me about timeline for moving the family out there, etc. He suggested the possibility of me working in the school in Brooklyn next fall, and by January/February, the timing would lend itself well to hiring, getting the building ready, etc. I was pretty much blown away today with that conversation. We also talked at length about getting to the point of being willing to be on this journey with God, we talked about faith, trust, family, hope. This is a conversation that I may never forget in my life. Thanks, AD.

So, let's sum this post up and do a review. I praise God for working on my heart over the last year +. It is so easy to praise Him with the great things that happen, with the great conversations we have with others. I need to work on praising Him even in the suffering. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal