Back in the City

It is right for me to be in this city. I am certain that God has called me to be here. I don't just mean for this weekend, I mean for communitas-permanently. Not yet as far as His timeline goes, but soon enough. 'You are but a mist' means that time may seem long to us, but it is so short. Here are a few monumental items from the past few days:

I got to hang with the pastor and pastor's wife, and the kids too. Funny how you miss being around people. I got to make fun of the Yankee again, too-always fun. We met at a bar last night with some people that are interested in being involved with communitas. We met there b/c a guy told pastor he would never attend a church service, but if he was going to meet in a bar he would come. So pastor said let's do it. So people came. I'm not sure how many biblical conversations were monumental, but pastor had never been to a bar before, so this was a key moment. Pastor and yankee are realizing that doing things like this is how you 'be the church'. Then, after arriving home after 1o:3o or so, Pastor, stilt, and I rode bikes along the East river, and then rode across the Brooklyn Bridge. WOW. That was incredible. Then we took the streets back. Got home after midnight, but that was some special times. Got to meet Cedric and Al--homeless guys that live along the river. Cedric talked about a lot of biblical things. Wise. Cool. Neat.

Spent the day in a school in Brooklyn today. A lot of similarities, a lot of differences. Very cool day and I enjoyed it much. I wasn't really sure how that would go, but thank God it was a very positive experience for me all around. Thank you Jesus.

Then tonight, went to Kallen's for dinner. I love them so much it is sickening. They have always been so awesome to me since the first day that I met them. We went with the sick family and mrs. witty. Got to meet a couple that are new to communitas-very cool. Afterwards, our girls fell asleep on their couches, and we had a few glasses of wine and sat and talked with the Kallens for hours. Ended up taking a cab home at night.

SO many stories. But the point is I spent my day today seeing that Jesus needs us to do work. He put us here together to accomplish that work. I need to see the opportunities more and more to serve others before myself. Also met a homeless guy named Juan that needed some love today. I gave it to him. And just for a few moments, his day was bright. Thank you Jesus

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep serving Brother! Pickel Head~ I got to share about faith and commitment in Chaps tonight (but not the bar part-that's not for me), to a girl I grew up with and knows the change in us. Jesus is faithful.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal