East Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

So today, the superstar and I spent most of the day in 'the village'. That's what people call it here, you know. The East Village is the more technical term, but who's counting. First, we went to the farmer's market type thing in Union Square. I sware I had the best Honeycrisp apple I have ever had in my life today. We went with the pastor's wife. I love that woman. Her sense of humor is so hi-larious. Anywho-then we went to the village and walked around. I just knew the superstar would like it. The only way I know how to describe it is it is 'without pretense'. Not that nyc people are uppity, but the village is earthy, real, gritty, cultural diverse, and a splash of artsy fartsy. Perhaps a slice of eccentric on the side. But we went to Tompkins park, which I never saw before. Sweet. We also spent hours at an orthodox church fundraiser that was in the streets, including food from Romania, Georgia, and maybe other places, a 'garage sale' type thing, games for the kids including prizes, and live music. What else do you need? Nothing. But we walked through a lot of the village, and it is in my heart fo sho. I don't know if we can afford it or not-only time will tell. But if we can, and we find the right place, that would be sweet. Oh, we also stopped in to a community garden that had a live band and food for a fundraiser. I'm just saying, that kind of crap don't happen everywhere. Also found a cool radio station-
www.eastvillageradio.com
in case you like to hear some serious stuff. I know that I am going to tune in a lot more in the future.
PS-I love my girls. They are going to be so great here, and this is going to be an INCREDIBLE place to raise them in this world. I look forward to each moment with them here.
PSS-I love the Kallens. Jeff kills me.
PPSSS-The empire state building is red/white/green tonight
PPPSSSS-I heart NYC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal