Why aren't there leaders?


Why does it feel like there are no leaders in the world? Why does it seem that no one else will step up and lead no matter what the context? Is this the result of our self-serving capitalistic consumer driven society? If so, I want my world back. I want a world where a GROUP of people will come together and serve each other and those that are not in the group, and take on leadership roles within and outside of said group. Why is it always the same people leading? As a person with leadership skills and abilities, I get tired of seemingly always having to take the reigns. Perhaps I am just in a foul mood (which doesn't even make sense if you realize that I don't have school today because the sewer backed up into our school's basement). I know that I need to utilize those leadership skills and abilities to glorify God, because He is the one that gave me said skills and abilities. It is just a challenge to watch others that have the same skills and abilities sit idle and wait for others to lead them on every task and activity.....so get off your duff and lead!

Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice — keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.
Noah Porter

Comments

Sonyia said…
I hope your day off gets better. I was in a foul mood yesterday.

If everyone was a leader, then who would follow? Not everyone is gifted with leadership but with other skills that support the leaders.
Anonymous said…
I have so wondered this in the past. I know we must use our skills and talents as God created us. And I know we must be workers as much as leaders and that not everyone can be in command to have a smooth running opperation. BUT I am with you....Where are those that can do, should be working, need to step up?? It sure seems like others could be more intentional about leading and serving as Christ served the church. I would love to see men be Godly men and take on the true roll of leadership God commanded.
Okay doke ay....I have rammbled on.
Sorry your school smells like poo.
tmp

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal