John 11:35


Jesus was very great friends with Martha and Mary, and their brother Lazarus. So close, that Jesus indeed loved them. Perhaps one of the shortest verses in the bible hit me this morning as I ponder my journey with Christ in me. John 11:35-"Jesus wept." This is what happened when Jesus went to Bethany, as he already knew Lazarus was dead, and that he would go there to raise him from the dead in order to glorify God the father. No one else knew that, but Jesus did. So they go there, and Jesus meets with Mary and Martha, and Jesus sees Martha 'weeping', and the other Jews that had come along are 'also weeping'. What happens? 'He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.' So they take him to see where Lazarus was laid four days ago upon his death and then:

"JESUS WEPT."

At times, I am overwhelmed with the love of God in this life. Ask cdubs, at times I can weep at the drop of a pin if the right thing tugs at my heart. I think this is how God created us humans-if we really experience the grace and peace and love of God, our body has no other option than to blow up with tears and emotions and overwhelming love in our hearts that must come out of our body. It is overwhelming just to know that 'Jesus wept' as he was on his way to do a glorious work of God. Real men cry indeed, and I want to be real about my emotions and my heart and the overwhelming joy of Christ in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal