Communitas Christmas Mystery

Last night marked the kkft's second year of celebrating Christmas time with friends in Communitas. It is an honor to be part of this group of crazies that are willing to sacrifice their lives, their comfortable lifestyles, and their careers in order to follow Jesus. That is the ultimate group of people that I want to be a part of. The thought that I have is the fact that it is not just communitas that is doing that, it is the group of indians that have created CEM, it is the men and women that spend their lives providing hope for Detroiters at CDC, it is people in China or other countries that hold church in their homes, even if it is illegal. These people are the same crazies that live the life they are called to live. What an honor to be in such an incredible group of people. Just some short fat white guy from the sticks that God feels is worth more than anything to send His son to die for, and use me to glorify Himself among the nations. That is a phrase that keeps coming to me from God-"Go among the nations." That is pretty cool to hear from Him.
I will post photos of sick pete and others from the fiesta bel grande soon.

On another learning note, I am learning a lot through my couch potato to 5k program about my physical self, about my spiritual self, and about God's desires. I didn't see all the correlations that would hit me through this, but here are a few things: 1) Jesus is always with me. When I can't seem to keep running physically, I say Jesus, I can't do this, and He seems to tell me "I know, but I can." This translates as you can so imagine, into every aspect of the rest of my life. When I can't seem to take another step, or do something hard, I need to lean on Him and that is the only way to meet success. 2) In order to be able to run, I need to train myself physically. For example, this is week 4 of couch potato to 5k, and I could not get through the week, so I am going to repeat this week to be sure I am ready to move on. God does this with me all the time-He works on my spirit until I am ready to move on to something. He trains me spiritually so that I might be ready for a challenging situation, a tough lesson, or a life experience. 3) Getting to a point where you can run for a sustained period of time takes a lot of time. Paul said in Acts 20:
22"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
Also in 1 Corinthians 9:
19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Also in 2 Timothy 4:
6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

And finally-in Hebrews 12:
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

And with each step I run, I learn more about myself and my race with Jesus. I really try to fix my eyes on the prize and persevere for Jesus. It is hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It is more challenging surrounded by a world of darkness that turns its back on the Creator of .'all that is good' I am enjoying so much building my strength in the Lord with my brothers in Christ. I pray for those that also long for the prize and work to gain light in this world. I pray for strength for each one that God has called. That first we would hear him, second to respond to him, and third to gain strength in Him. Amen and Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal