Superstar Weekend

Superstar coordinated everything for our dinner Friday, and mattsy t and tracy t took the girls for a big sleepover party at their house with Colin, you can see and read more here. So the star and I went shopping. We didn't need to buy anything for our family (although we may have bought a couple things :)), but we did get to go out and buy a bunch of stuff for a family that is much in need in Detroit. The funds came from some men that I am doing life with, and their generous hearts and pocketbooks. I have never enjoyed Christmas shopping so much in my life. Even buying things for my own kids I don't think was that much fun. It was really cool getting things for people that you know can't get things. Really cool. And I got to do it with the superstar at my side. Very cool. Then we got to go to one of our favorite restaurants in LO-thanks gerdies-to eat some of our favorite things. Fish tacos rule. Then this morning, I was the superstar that got to be the Grinch in the kid's Christmas service at church. Fun fun fun. Then we got to wrap all those presents. The pile is huge. I also know that there are three other families that are going to be blessed in the same way because I mentioned a couple of things to people that I know, and now they are sponsoring families. 'Along the way he saw'. I am not saying all this to say 'look at me'. I am simply saying that as Christians we need to respond to the needs that we see along the way. All this led to a complete Superstar weekend for me that I will not soon forget.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree, what a great weekend! Sometimes I feel so blessed, it overwhelms me to tears! And you are counted among my blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal