Full of Hope....or Bags of

I don't recall who, but I think it was sick mother, sick pete, my adida and I having a conversation at the park in the D last month. Sick mother mentioned the 100 bibles they had. We talked about doing something special for Christmas for the inordinate amount of men (most homeless) that come to our monthly gatherings for food and friendship. In one way or another, we came up with the 'bags of hope' idea. Include a bible, pants, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, shoes, gloves, hat, whatever. Call it a bag of hope. Even last week, I thought, this just isn't going to come together. This being the last week of school, I was jammed with my schedule, and couldn't do any organizing, etc. But the kkft did get to do some shopping together and put 10 bags together. I got a post on my facebook yesterday from shoeless mike that with our 10 bags, we are up over 100. I doubted we would get fifty. Heck, I doubted we would get to 30! But I did learn something. To lean on God more, and on myself less. My prayer was simply this-God, this isn't going to happen without you doing something because I can't get this together. Pretty deep, huh? Well, wonder boy here (ps-that's me for now) wishes he could do that with every single aspect of his life, and at the exact same time be sure to not simply sit in the back seat and wait for God to turn the vehicle. If you get this down, please let me know how that works and what the trick is, because that would be something fo sho.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You gotta know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em. Learning to listen to God's prompting is key. In this case, he wanted to reveal HIS glory to YOU! In other cases, he's telling you to get off your duff and bring HIS glory to others! However, I do NOT have any type of handle on this listening thing, so don't ask me HOW to do it. Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal