Proposal Movement

Today I received an email from the Chair of my Dissertation Committee. Doesn't seem like that is monumental in any way, shape, or form, but it is. The email basically said you are at a point that is very good for the most part, and we will go to the committee. That means a meeting in early January to basically get feedback and move on in submitting my proposal to Human Subjects. That is a rubber stamp situation, and after that happens, I will be able to complete my doctoral study in the spring. That is HUGE. I started in the fall of 2003 down this road, and God has given me courage and strength to move to where I am now. It sucks many days sitting in front of a computer screen, or an article, or a dissertation, or a book alone and sometimes for many hours in a row. But the light is now at the end of the tunnel, and I am starting to see it and can't wait to get out into the beautiful fervent valley of doctorhood where my studies are completed for a long time. There is a very good reason they call it a 'terminal' degree.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
yee, ha~ ride em cow boy. Get out onto the range and feel the freedom. You have perservered many a long hour. I am glad you got a good email.
Any pics of the play you saw? Pickel Head
CDubs said…
What up doc? That degree...not in my future....for that reason alone.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal