weekend of fun




So if you read my nugget cousin, you know that the chicas bonitas went to georgia for the weekend to visit their cousins, my bros' kids. Nugget and kt took the girls down for the weekend. They are not home yet, but they do start school (at home this year) tomorrow. Pretty exciting for them, I am sure that they got to go to visit their cousins sans parents.

Which leads me to the weekend of fun. After arriving home from the staff retreat (I love the pink pony), superstar and I went to arts/eats/beats in pontiac. If you live in Southeast Michigan and have not attended, all I have to say is: SHAME ON YOU. It is a great time with lots of really cool art to look at, all different types of free music on several stages throughout the city, oh, and by the by, great food all around you that you can check out. I know, kind of like heaven except for no manna. We have gone a few times, but I have to be honest, without the kids at home or with us, it was much more relaxing, and fun to be with my superstar. Friday night we went with a communitas pal (I am not inserting a name because I don't have a cool nickname yet-if you want to help, see the poll up on the blog this week, and cast your votes.) to see Blues Traveler and Rusted Root-oh and it was free-the one at the top is Rusted Root, the other is Blues Traveler, and yes, we were in the front row for both. I forgot how much I listened to those two bands. Great times.

We (star and I) also camped out in Wales Township this weekend in Big Red. Mattsy and wifey and the golden boy were all there. Pool, eats, quiet and peace. Nice. Loved every minute of it. Mattsy and I had 'contestes' both days in the pool, and it was mucho funo. Relaxed all the while. Great times. But my poor dad has pneumonia! Poor guy, but he is feeling better today thank God for nice doctors.

Tomorrow is the first day of school for many children across the state and nation. I so look forward to learning this school year at my new school. I have already learned a lot, and each day brings new things to my plate. It is a different mindset for me, though, altogether. I am trying to 'be bold' with my beliefs, and at least I think I am doing that. When someone asks me a question about why I am at this school, I tell them flat out my 30 second story, my 3 minute story, and I have not yet had the opportunity to lay out my 30 minute story in one sitting. But I do sense that God has blessed me beyond my comprehension in placing me where I am. In the D. It's a great place to be. I am certain that my eyes will continue to be opened by His grace and mercy, and His compassion for the people that I get the opportunity to serve in the future. Thank you God for this opportunity. I lift all the children that start school tomorrow up to you and ask that you bless each one with a great first day, and a loving teacher, principal, secretary, custodian, bus driver, parent, crossing guard, everything. Amen.

Comments

Sonyia said…
Poll no show up? Wanna vote for KK's name!
K said…
your girls are amazing! I'm just blown away by how they are growing and maturing...

I know you will have a great day with the kids at school.
Anonymous said…
I LOVED our weekend. And, I LOVED seeing our girls return safely. Life is good!
Anonymous said…
NO shout outs for your true sista for giving you a weekend of peace and good memories! UGH!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day