My brothers in Communitas

As my brothers and sisters struggle in the face of attacks from satan, including myself, my heart longs for releif, and for encouragement from God. It is heartbreaking to see others being attacked in their effort to follow Jesus, physically, spiritually, and financially. Acts 2 has hit me hard, and pastor and his wife have brought it to me this week. Acts 2:44-45 is particularly helpful in times like this-being part of a church plant:

44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.

So if we are REALLY going to be a 'community' in 'communitas' on this dangerous mission of following Jesus, then we need to sell it all, and give to those in need. In particular, my brothers brick and briggsy, and my sister eve are all hurting in multiple ways. So without being there, all I can do is pray for them and pray for them and pray for them. But what if they run out of money? What if they are in need financially? I am willing to give it all, but that is not easy. However, it is all for 'those in need' if it comes to that. God will provide for us as we attempt to trust Him in this journey. I pray for my brothers and sisters, please join me in this prayer.

Comments

K said…
Well, you guys must be making a difference, because Satan doesn't waste his time on those who aren't ruining his day!
Anonymous said…
On a lighter note, I like the "brick" nickname. And I was just about to ask about "eve" when I got it. You're so creative.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal