Lottsa reports

There are so many good things to tell you all about, I don't even know where to start. It is a riot to come to school here, the kids are so receptive, and I laugh all the time with them because they crack me up. My boy t (a staff member) and I shake hands everytime we see each other, and he makes me smile while he teaches me new lingo. He is a riot. I had a student come up and give me a hug today for no apparent reason. I got invited to a football game this Saturday from a kid I talked to once, and he was serious about that.

I also have a new routine in the morning, although I was spoiled being less than a mile from school for the last four years. So now I get up earlier, and I am probably not getting enough sleep during the week, but I can't wait to get here in the morning. But after the commute, I go to Mariner Park which is the mouth of the Detroit River. Freighters sometimes roll by quietly, and it is pretty loud when they honk at each other. It is a beautiful place to watch the sun rise and read my bible and try my best to listen to God's voice. Why is it that sitting next to something beautiful like a lake or a river or a forest or canyon or whatever inspires you to hear more clearly His voice? I did read in a book that God calls you to spend time with His creation for just that reason. But it is a cool place to sit and listen.

I also know that I miss my friends in nyc. Pastor had mentored my for nearly a year before he left, and it is a bummer to not be around him. Not just the learning part, but the part where we got to hang out and 'do life together' as he would often say. I pray for him and for communitas often, as well as the rest of the team. I have never prayed so much in my life for others as I do now. And for all kinds of reasons I pray for them, and for other people, and for people I don't even know. What is that all about? Is it the Holy Spirit pushing me to engage? Is this how I have always been but just never cared enough about others' lives? What gives? Anywho-I do enjoy being transformed into something different by His hand. It is pretty liberating. Fo sho.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day