BBQ in the D

Yesterday, we were once again in the D for our BBQ with the homeless. I had conversations with more people there yesterday than I ever have. Part of the reason is because I am getting to know a lot of people that are coming on a regular basis. Victoria needs to get some treatment for her kidneys, but has no health care, and no way to get to the social service office, etc. John talked with me about his discouragement in trying to find a job when he doesn't even have bus fare to get to a place to fill out an application, let alone an interview or making it to work on time.
It was fun, however, to see that love and hope shine in people's eyes knowing that we were there by the grace of God to serve them. I have never gotten as many thank yous before as I did yesterday, either. People are genuinely seeing God at work in the park. I know I did. It is incredible when you set your own agenda (college football saturday, NASCAR race Sunday, or insert your own self-serving activities here) aside and serve others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day