Me -n- UT

I can’t tell you the last time that I spent any time with my cousin UT. It has been five years or so since we have seen each other, but last night we went out to dinner, and went to the place with the buffalo, and hung out with our other cousin jdubs. It was fun to just spend time together, and catch up on each other’s lives. UT is going through some challenging times with his wife he is in the process of divorcing. I give him so much credit for remaining positive, and trying to do the right thing through the process. I pray that God will help him to stay on that path. Isn’t it odd how some of your friends and family –you can spend years away from each other and then just pick up where you left off. That is how we have always been, even growing up in different states. But come summer time we would get together, or at easter break, or whenever, and just pick up and hang out like no time had passed. I have always enjoyed spending time with him, and we both vowed to stay in better touch in the future. So I need to do that. Why do we fall out of touch with people that are close to us? I’m too busy….Life is full….whatever. It’s a bunch of hooey if you really thing about it. We can’t even grab the phone and call and see how things are going for someone, catch up, all that. So let’s all do a better job of keeping in touch with people. I am terrible at it, but I’m not much of a talker, so it is easy to pick back up without any problem for me. But it is something I need to work on. Especially when I move to nyc, I will need to make a concerted effort to keep in better touch with people. So I will work on it….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day