Se fini

After much work in the city over the last two weeks, I am on my way "home" tonight to Woodside. I am on my way there to finish packing things so that tomorrow we can move things to my parents and live until the kkft makes the official move. We put two applications in on two different apartments over the last few weeks. Neither panned out for us. Both were attractive. Both would have sufficed for our family, at least I thought so at the time. But they didn't work. I would be remiss if I told you I was completely happy and at peace each moment of the process. I never felt like I was in a bad place, but you get excited about something, you think maybe this is something that God wants for you, and then you find out it wasn't to be. I do not know the reasons those two apartments didn't work out, and perhaps I never will. I do know that after working in the city for the last two weeks straight that we are meant to be there. I am certain that God has made that clear to me, and I am in love with Him so much because I get to live with my lover and my beautiful daughters in the greatest city in the world. You sit (or stand) on a train, and can see people from all over the world. You can see more money than you ever imagined, and a homeless person sitting in front of million dollar buildings. Back to the story.
On my way "home", I get an email to my phone from our broker. He has been more helpful than I ever imagined. Even with the pitfalls, he kept working to find our perfect place. His email tells me that we are indeed accepted, and need to sign the lease and will have our apartment July 1. It is in Park Slope, and it is on 9th Street. It is an apartment that is being completely refinished as we speak, and I think it is going to be an awesome home for the kkft. As I drove closer to our "home" I was overwhelmed by the love and grace of God and the fact that superstar at one point felt like God was telling her to 'not be afraid to go further south.' I cried as I realized this is the last step of the big three that I placed at His feet over a year ago. Job. Check-more than I think I deserve and more than I ever dreamed possible. Sell our house. Check-and we don't owe anyone any money. Place to live. Check-near the park, under budget, 2 BR, bike storage, w/d in the apartment, outdoor space, 1.5 Bath. So we will move to 9th Street in July, and officially become residents of NYC.
Along this path, there have been many potholes. Some I dug myself. Some were placed there by God to teach, test, and build my character. It is my prayer that as we continue this journey, I will continue to lean on Him for my every need. That I will put Him first in all that I do, put others second, and myself last. I shared tonight in the thrill of spending time with all 3 of my girls, and more importantly, shared in the sheer excitement all of us have in finding our apartment, and knowing that we will live there soon....

Comments

So happy for the kkft! Your faith and perseverance has shown me a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day