Running with Jesus

So I continue to enjoy running as a hobby/pastime/excercise routine/whatever you want to call it. I often spend the time listening to music, but when it gets hard, I look to Jesus. I try to apply this to my life as well. So yesterday, while I'm running, it is getting difficult to keep going, and I'm looking at the 2/3 of a mile I have left to run and I'm thinking "I can't do this today". And then instead of looking up at how far I have to go, I look down at the road I'm running on. And I feel like Jesus nudged me to keep looking at the short term. It's good to look down the road a ways and know where you are going, but you need to see each step while you are running the race. This is pretty hard for me, since I am more of the visionary type of person that sees way out and runs toward the long term goal. So He continues to teach me to be patient in each moment of each day.

On that note, I have really enjoyed the large amount of time I have spent talking to who I feel is my own personal travel assistant, jb. She and mm are always so sweet to me on the phone, and go above and beyond to serve my needs. It is a great reminder to me of the opportunity to serve others in the work we do each day. Thanks jb for the smiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day