The Word

Sometimes, God speaks to us in ways we least expect it. Superstar pointed out to me that the bible study is tonight at the jankee home, and I just so happen to be in the big apple. It didn't enter my mind until she said that, and I was so happy to attend. Great to see people and get into the word. Confession time-I fasted on a lot of Wednesdays in an effort to understand what God wanted us to do with our home. He sold it. And I stopped fasting. I don't toot the horn, but guess what the topic was at the study tonight? Luke 5. Not a ton on fasting, but that is what we talked about. I felt like God was saying-don't you get it? You dropped the fasting thing on where you were living, how am I to show you where to live? Also take a look at Ezra 8: 21-23:

21 There, by the Ahava Canal, I proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions. 22 I was ashamed to ask the king for soldiers and horsemen to protect us from enemies on the road, because we had told the king, "The gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him, but his great anger is against all who forsake him." 23 So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.

I felt like God was speaking clearly and directly to me tonight-and I am compelled to humble myself before God so he might give superstar and our children safe journey with all our possessions to nyc. I felt spiritually stronger when I was fasting each week-I beat my body into submission and told my earthly body that my spirit was in control. I ask God to strengthen me and help me to always stay tuned into the spiritual, not just the mental or physical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day