Launch Eminent

I have been spending a lot of time in nyc for work the last month or two, and I have enjoyed being here, enjoyed the work we're doing, and enjoyed making new friends. I have also missed my friends and family in MI. Today, as I drove to the airport once again to board a plane, it was a bit different. This is the first time I have boarded a plane to nyc knowing the date the kkft will move. A new revelation that has come to fruition for our family, and such an incredible place that God has picked out for us to live. So much excitement in showing the video to the girls, in spending time talking things over with my superstar, making plans for this summer. Usually by this time of year, we have a pretty good grasp of what our summer will look like. That all played out this weekend as superstar and I developed an outline for the move. This is where we will be heading on June 15th-an area of Brooklyn called Windsor Terrace. This will be our new neighborhood.

Our new home. Our new place to plant roots. It looks like we will pack up a truck on the 14th, and head out to our new place to begin to settle into our new space. It is hard to explain the excitement and intensity of this launch. I truly feel like superstar and I have been committed to trying our best to follow Jesus in our journey with communitas. I have never read my bible like I have over the last (nearly) two years. I have never engaged with Christ like I have. The excitement isn't just a new move, a new place, something new. It is spiritual in nature, and it means that we are following God's plan, not ours. What an honor and pleasure to be able to do this.


Don't misunderstand things. It is hard at the same time. Knowing we won't be able to suddently go out to dinner with our family. Knowing we won't make it to the panks for bday pizzas and the like. Knowing our camping will not be often enough to enjoy the fireside conversations and people yelling "Matt!". Knowing our dear friendships we have forged over the last 13 years of our marriage will now become long distance relationships. Knowing that the comfortable lifestyle of suburbia will no longer be our norm. These are just a few things that will be challenging for me/us/everyone.


But as I said earlier, it is an honor and a privelidge to be on this team of people in communitas. The hardships of giving up everything will be easier as we laugh and cry with newly forged friendships as we try our best to serve others before ourselves. My prayer is that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit help each member of the kkft to maintain our focus on our reason for moving to this incredible city-to follow Him. To serve. To show the love of Jesus Christ, our risen hero and savior. To listen to Him as we walk about this city, and hear His promptings to put others first, and to trust Him more each day with everything we have. I pray for everyone to jump on this path. To engage with Christ in new ways and to understand how He has incredible things waiting for you on this path that you could never even imagine were possible, lest you jump on the path and take a look down the way. See His love for you like never before. Sense His incredible presence in your daily life, and understand just how much He cares about you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I see you like having better internet access; two posts on a Sunday.
Excitement mixed with sorrow, blended with loads of joy and a dash of tears that is the cup served as we read of your continued adventures. I shall take the cup the Lord provides and thank Him in all things, at all times, for all His great gifts.
In other words I love ya man!
The intensity of the launch has been a witness to many and we are so glad Jesus has lead you in this move. We thank Him for the "extra" year and for His perfect timing.
Pickel Head.
Again, yay the Kelly's are finally coming!!!

Did you know you're moving the same day as Maria. How can people help move both of you at the same time? And by people, I mean Dave and Pastor. (I'll help after work, of course.)

P.S. Will you have room for my bike if I can get it to you?

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day