The Late Show

I have always enjoyed The Late Show with David Letterman. As I walked about this great city Saturday, I walked up Broadway and noticed the sign in front of the Ed Sullivan theatre. It said: "Come in for Free Tickets". So I goes in. Fill out the form, and you will be entered into the lottery. The lottery period goes from May 4-21. I say that I could come any of those dates. They tape usually at 2:30, but on Mondays, they do a later taping at 5:30. So, honestly, the only day that I KNOW that I could do it was today. Sunday after attending the service in arabic in brb, I get a call telling me I won tickets to the late taping for today. Are you kidding me? Nope.

Now if you read the words of briggsy, you may have seen his review. However, I think he's whack. This is not a comedy club that you bought tickets for, this is a television show that is taped live in front of a studio audience. Not some cut-rate two bit half cocked show. The Late Show. When pastor and I get there, we find out that the nice young lady from Birch Run hooked us up, and we are in the front row. Front row of the Ed Sullivan theatre for the taping of the Late Show. Pinch me, would you? That just happened. I was feet away from David Letterman, Biff the stage engineer, Paul Schafer and the CBS Orchestra, Brian Regan, did I mention we were in the front row? The CBS Orchestra kicks it too, and the bass thumps your heart from front to back. My face still hurts from smiling the entire time ear to ear and from laughing so much. If you ever get a chance to go, you must. It honestly was one of the coolest things I ever did. Thanks for going with me pastor. Letterman rocks.

Comments

K said…
That is a dream come true!!!!
Anonymous said…
Whats the big deal, you have been within feet of me and I don't recall reading about such excitment. However I guess if people needed to win tickets to see me that could be the reason. Maybe I should set a booth up near the road and see if anyone wants to win a day shadowing my exciting life?
So did you later watch the show? Did your shiny head make it over the airwaves?

We say an amazing show last night. It was to the Glory of God; many homeschool students on stage with smiling faces. Missed ya.
Pickel Head
Unknown said…
So you dug the club music and the constant clapping? You've got to make one of the Comedy Central shows -- Daily Show or Colbert Report. Letterman is cool because it's Letterman. But those shows are just better.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day