She really is.

Not often that I feel compelled to just love my wife. (I'm just being honest, gosh.) That is mostly due to the fact that she is a very independent person that isn't needy. But I don't think I thank her enough. I don't think I praise God enough for giving me the perfect wife to meet all my needs and desires in this lifetime. Did I mention that she is Hot with a capital R? Thanks to pastors (yup - it had been plural for a while now) I was encouraged to make sure that with the flexibility of my new schedule to engage with the superstar each week. To calendarize the priority of spending time with her - and just engaging with each other in our lives. We have been doing it for a month or so. Nothing big - just go get a coffee and chat. OK, truth is I do most of the listening. That's just how it is. (Did I mention Terrace Bagels are generally part of the equation?) But today I am reminded of just how much God loves me by spending time thinking about how fortunate I am to have superstar as my wife. To have her encouraging me in my walk, my work, my family, my friends, my life. To have someone that is truly engaged in seeking God's will for our individual lives, our marriage, and our family. She is such an incredible mom - not perfect as she will admit - but I wouldn't want anyone else raising my children than her. (Did I mention yet that she is hot?) I would not be as healthy as I am in my 40's if it weren't for her modelling a healthy lifestyle - save the 'fat free' era of the early 90's - that doesn't count. I wouldn't be as full of joy as I am in my life if it weren't for her love and affection. I wouldn't be the man, the father, the person I am today if she were not my wife. (Truth is, I might not have ever graduated college) I probably wouldn't have sought out leadership degrees or positions if it weren't for her encouragement to that end. I certainly wouldn't have the friends and the deep relationships I have with many of my friends if she hadn't been a part of that piece of my life. My superstar. My wife. Today, I went for a run in the park at the same time she did - another bonus of my schedule - and I happened to be running in the opposite direction of her. After I got past her I literally (Yes, literally) thought to myself that I should turn around and yell to all the people around "HEY - THAT'S MY WIFE RIGHT THERE." But I showed self-control and shouted it to God and to myself in my head. And I thanked Him for the wonderful gift of the best wife in the world. Evar. She really is.

Comments

true...every word true. The God of Creation fashioned and molded the perfect match between you and she.
love you guys

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.