Just up this hill. Then down.

Again as I ran this week, Jesus confirmed to me that He is indeed my workout partner. If I am in an emotional/mental state where I really check out of this world, I can really engage with God on my runs, and it is really cool to worship Him and listen to Him as I sweat and pant and push myself. Unfortunately, the park has a ton of trees down from Hurricane Irene - so typical paths are not quite typical right now. You may think 'oh, i'll run down this trail.' Dead end - tree felled across the path. Turn around, down the next. Nope - felled again. So sometimes when I run, I think - ok, God, which way should I go? A lot like I try to do in my life. Which way? Where do I go? What path do I take? Many times it is really clear to me - many times not so much. So I keep hitting felled trees. And I make the correlation between my run and my life. (If you've followed me for a while, you are saying to yourself - "Um. Capital Duh T$. Capital Duh.") So truth be told, I completely LOVE my new job/role. It is working from home, which I wouldn't say I'm struggling to balance, just adjusting. After working in a school for 16 + years, you get into a rythym. A rythym of life, the time of the school year, the seasons that come and go. For me, it has been a lot of learning and growing in 15 years, but I would hope I have a pretty good grasp of how to handle the seasons, the challenges, serve others in a school, etc. But that equates to a certain level of comfort that I have gotten used to. New style work is not that high level of comfort. Not the routine that I have become accustomed to. Don't take this wrong - it is GOOD. Just different, and I am still adjusting. But I digress. I LOVE my new role, but it is stretching me - I feel the stretch in not really having that same level of comfort I have become accustomed to. The stretching is good - I know that I have to rely on God to help me see things I don't see/know how to do. I pray daily that He would guide my mouth and my work. Some of the things I have to do are beyond my set of skills - beyond my knowledge pocket. So I must rely on Him. Funny how that is what He always wanted me to do, and I am starting to get it. So back to the run, right? Running - talking with God about all the things I just mentioned - praying in a BIG way that this would turn into a full time position after this year. (Please do add that to your prayer list, would you?) And then I question myself - why am I worried about after this year? Is this normal? For me to worry like this? I am not curled up in a ball sucking my thumb, but just in the background - is this going to go on past this year? Is that normal for me to process ongoing? Is it Satan trying to get a foothold? Still waiting for the jury to reassemble on that front. Let me know if you hear anything, would you? But then I ask - ok, God which way do I run? Just up this hill. Then down. Um. What? Just up this hill then down. Ok, so I run up the hill. Then down. Another turn. Just up this hill. Then down. Now the humor show starts....'Tonight's guest....T$! Ok, God. I get it. Just run up this hill of work this year. Then down. We'll see where to go after that. Just up this hill. Then down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.