The Time is NOW.

So-

I have been given an offer for a position, and I have accepted it. I start on Wednesday. I can tell you with great fervor that the last year has taught me a lot. It is a year to the day TODAY that I first heard God nudge me to NYC. The last year has taught me so much about listening to Him, reading my bible, being in communitas with others, trusting God, loving other people before myself, knowing who Jesus is and what He taught, and following Jesus. I could write and write and write and write about all that. It is magnificent what transformation has taken place in my heart, my mind, my actions, my passions.

So back to the position-it is with a charter school management company
. It is a 'Principal in Residence' position at a school in Detroit for the 08/09 school year, and is an answer to my question of 'how am I going to get a job in nyc without any urban experience?' So I will spend a year at one of their high performing schools learning from an excellent principal on how to live their way. What an opportunity to learn from. But if I back up for a second-when Dayna (recruiter lady) called me, she basically laid out three positions and said 'which one do you want because we want you'. They really wanted to put me in a school in another city, but I said I would be fine with that, but my goal is to go to nyc. She said they didn't really just want someone there for a year, so how about the residency. Great, I said that makes the best sense to me. So we talk about money, and they get me basically to where I am now, but in order to do that, they put my salary at $xx, and I get a 'Signing Bonus' of $xx. I never got a signing bonus before, so that's fun.
But then Dayna calls me back later, and says, we would like to ask you to do something for us. Wait, you're the one hiring me, and you want me to do something? They ask me to be the 'Interim Principal' in another school until they can hire someone, and Dayna says-'we just have every confidence in you, and know you can get the school year started until we can find the right person.' That's nice to hear walking into a new organization. So I'm going to do that to start, and they are even going to give me mileage, and put me up in a hotel if I have to be there, or don't feel like driving, etc. Then when they find someone, (probably four weeks or so), I'll go back to Detroit to do my residency.

Unbelieveable to me to look back at all of it and see how it ended up here today. PS-If you read this blog regularly, you already know that pastor and wife asked superstar and I to lead the communitas-michigan team when they go to nyc. Hmmmm. I wonder if maybe God had this planned all along, and that is why it didn't happen yet? Just a thought. If you don't see all the dots you just connected, then WAKE UP AND SMELL THE EXPRESSO!

I can tell you from my experience over the last year, it is truly amazing to really give it all to Him and trust His providence. It will stretch you farther than you ever imagined. As superstar and I stayed up until nearly 2 am this morning chewing on things, I told her that it really is like what Tim Keller said in his sermon on the timing of Jesus-You will always, always, always GIVE more AND GET more than you ever imagined when you give your life to God and the timing of Jesus. There is nothing more that He wants from you than for you to really give it into His hands, and then trust Him enough to wait on His timing to grow you into who you need to be, and then He will show you what He wants you to do. Trust Him. It is my hope that you take the steps to truly lay down your life, lay down your career, your promiscuity, your sexual sin, your smoking, your lack of faith, your everything, and Follow Jesus.
That, my friends, is the hardest thing you will ever ever do. But in return, Jesus will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Give you MORE than you ever imagined possible. Trust Him and see.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal