Life is a Journey.

So today on my journey, I sit in Gaylord, MI, en route to Mackinac Island. I do this to attend the ‘staff retreat’ for my new school. Pretty unbelievable story that God is writing in my life, and I can’t even believe the transformations that have taken place in my career, my marriage, my family, and my spiritual disciplines. (By the by, I’m writing on my new laptop-check that-notebook-or is it tablet? I don’t even know what it is called. I do know that the Spaniard told me it is a $2700 machine.)

The journey can be summed up pretty easily. I truly thought I was doing life the right way-going to church, tithing, attempting to be kind to others, blah blah blah. Since the communitas thing happened to our family, the journey is much different. Even a simple thing like driving up north is different. I spent the morning praying for each member of communitas. I prayed for God to continue to reveal to me what my role is for this team, and what I need to pay attention to for Him.

The journey at work is completely new for me. I am being bold with declaring my intentions in my life, and my calling to follow Jesus. I’m not the “Have you accepted JC as your personal savior?” guy, but I am making things much more clear as to why I do what I do, and who is in control of my life. It is a different journey altogether from that point of view.

This is not where I thought I would be on my journey a year ago, six months ago, heck, last month I didn’t think I would be sitting here on my way to there. But I am trying to do what I am called to do-follow Jesus. Kallen emailed me and encouraged Charlotte and I in our leadership role for communitas, in my new position, and in life in general. I love that guy-read this excerpt from his email:

“God has a way of molding us that often we do not expect or understand, but in time we shall see the beauty of the way He works.”

That is one of the most truthful and profound things anyone has ever said to me, and SO applicable to my life today. I hope that each person experiences the fullness of that small sentence in their lifetime, because that would make it complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day