#3 Better Made Chevy

So, for the fourth August in a row, I am on LBI. If you don't know what that means, you can google it for Pete's sake. (Not for sick pete's sake, but just for pete's sake.) I am with the Donald here at the Raver's shack. Funny that I wrote that, and that this is the first year the 'man shack' is finished off, and that is where the donald and I are sleeping. Anyway, this has been such a cool tradition for me for the last four years, I have really enjoyed it every single time. The first year the kkft was had by all, but for the last three years, just the donald and I have made the trip. Each year, we have spent time discussing the upcoming school year, talked about our goals for the year, challenges, things we hoped for, etc. This year we didn't quite get that far into the conversation for the T$ end of things. You see, we left Sunday night about 10:00 or so, and began driving toward LBI. Took turns napping through the night-notice I didn't say sleeping. We stopped in Pennsylvania near Philly and golfed 18 at about 8:15 in the morning-see below:

So as we play the 18th hole, my phone rings. It is the recruiter from nha, and I will paraphrase here, but she pretty much offered me multiple positions with their organization, and was kind of saying-'which one would you like to have more?' So we talked about money a bit, she needs to speak with the big boy, but basically, she said if references check out, I am good to go. She is going to call me Thursday to finalize some things and speak more after she does her reference checks....

So, this is the answer to many prayers from my perspective on many fronts. I really think this entire journey started by going to supes academy last fall, and I came home from that with the serious thought that God had some kind of great plan for my career that was going to be even bigger than what I was doing-at the time I thought it was the superintendency. However, two days after having this thought, God prompted me to seriously look at nyc church plant, and I was convicted to move in that direction. So, this Saturday will be one year since those things took place, and it seems odd that during that same week one year later, I obtain an offer for a position that I have asked God to make clear to me how he wanted to use me. I feel as if I am rambling here, but I am overwhelmed with joy to think that God has a greater plan for my life-and using my career to have a large impact on the world through that work. It is my strong desire that every human being experiences that same turn of events and that they would open their heart and mind to the possibilities of fulfilling God's will through their career, it is truly a freeing sensation to completely put your trust in Him, instead of being a fool and thinking that you are the one that is great.

So, she will call me on Thursday to talk about even more specifics, salary, placement, time line, serious offer time comes Thursday. It is SO COOL TO BE WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW! I don't often use caps, but there you go. It doesn't suck, either, that when you are in the midst of thinking about these things, you golf 18 holes, you swim in the Atlantic Ocean, you spend your quiet time reading the bible and listening to God on a beautiful beach looking out at Portugal (if you made it), you take a nice nap on the same beautiful beach, and you laugh so much it makes your sides hurt.

I wonder if this will continue to be an annual event that the donald and I maintain for the ages. It certainly has led to some serious revelations over the last four years, and it is my hope that it will continue to lead us to those revelations in the future. So, this trip has led to many new things, and ways of doing things. Much different than the last four years in many many ways. And so, I feel this is a sign for the times, and a precursor for the near and immediate future. Things are going to be different for me, and things are going to be different in this world. So I will continue to do what I am trying so hard to do each moment of each day-Follow Jesus.

Comments

Morgan's Mom said…
"And Jesus said unto them ... , "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you."
Romans 1:17

That is GREAT news, so happy for you!
K said…
awesome that He linked the offers with a vacation with your very close friend! who is going to keep an eye on Donald (why is he donald) when you are gone? you guys have been great friends as well as working together

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day