Forgiveness is the Key to Freedom

Ok-do you understand that I am thrilled about my new position?

Check the box:

Yes No

(OK, so I can't make the boxes.
Get off my back man.)

I am in the book of Jeremiah, and what a bunch of losers we humans are. Even with all the times God showed up, demonstrated his love, power, and mercy, humans still follow other idols and walk away from Him. The Creator. PS-I am including myself in this group, not being a pharisee. So Jeremiah 15:19-21 starts like this: "...If you repent...." This was a huge learning for me this morning as I ponder God's word in my life. It is only when I repent my sins and come to G
od and ask forgiveness that He frees me to do His work, speak His words, fight for justice, do what is right. If I have sin between us, there is no freedom to love uncontrollably, to serve Him, to follow. But when you start there, start with repentance, God shows up in glorious ways and demonstrates His compassion for you and for your life. So start each prayer with repentance, come clean with ALL of it. Trust Him to give you hope.

PPSS-I love Detroit.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I'm reading Jeremiah too. Poor Jeremiah, he has to be the bearer of such crappy news all the time! What a trooper!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day