Cut me some slack

I know it has not even been a week in my new position, but COME ON! Why did God choose to bless me in such a great way? I am not worthy of this gift, and I can't hardly believe what is going on with me. I have spent considerable amounts of time in Detroit for four of the last five days. Working the new position, took the girls to the DIA, homeless BBQ on Saturday. Detroit is growing to be a fond place in my heart. Is this me blogging? Did someone take over my body? Did I fall down and go boom? Who would have ever thought that I would be saying these things about Detroit? I have not even been in my position for a week, and I already love it. LOVE IT. It is going to be such a cool opportunity to learn from some great people, spend time in an urban school, and grow as a pir. Each day is going to be glorious. If you are reading this, and you can't say that about your job, then stop the press and ask God to show you where HE wants you to be. I have to warn you-you are going to get more than you thought. I'm just saying.....

We also kept the godboy overnight Saturday so mattsy and his wifey could go have some fun. It's been a LONG time since there was a baby in the house overnight. Thank God superstar is better than I am. I just can't believe how cute that boy is, how he is always happy, and did I mention how cute? I mean COME ON.

So this week brings new learnings. Out with the old, in with the new. Bigger and better. Farther and wider. I'm not even sure what that means, do you? Doesn't matter. There's a chicken.

Comments

Sick Pete said…
A chicken? What? Did I mention I was in heat?
Anonymous said…
Ok busy man with the new job. Give us the scoop~ 3 more days in D-town and we have heard NOTHING. Get typing you have a fan base to entertain. The chicken is in for repairs, I don't think he will make it.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day