Spiritual Warfare

I would have never believed that this term meant something ten years ago. Maybe twelve years ago. I can only tell you that now I believe. I can't tell you it is real, because I think you have to come to your own realization on that position on your own. I can't TELL you it is real, you have to experience it.

There is a plunge this weekend, and I am praying for each person on the plunge. I am saddened that lilsis is not well enough to travel. Is that warfare? I'm not sure. Others are on the trip, and perhaps some that are not even going to be part of communitas, but they are there. Other things have happened with the people on the launch team that are real, and people like muck are really struggling to understand, la puertoriqueña is struggling with anger, sick pete and I are struggling with the here and now and how to not focus on the there and then, jobs, houses, schools.
I know God is in control and is the creator of all that is good. I praise Him.

mg-you can't tell me that satan is not working to drive him into submission. In the last two years-divorce he didn't want, ex he struggles to show God's love, children he struggles to teach God's word, job in another state. But I give him SO much credit. He continues to seek His will. Even when he screws it all up, he admits it, and then refocuses and puts it in gear. Even with the house he may have to foreclose on, he still has hope for a better future. Then the pipe bursts and floods the house. He's not singing praise songs, but I think it is satan showing his anger because mg is striving for the truth. Volunteering at church is a big step this month. I pray for God to protect him and keep him on the straight path.

Spiritual warfare is real in my eyes. Why does evil happen in the world? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do people who do bad things have good things happen to them and vice versa? Why do self serving people get put high in our society?
Because Satan is real. He is an expert. He has been learning his craft for thousands of years. Could you imagine how good you would be at your profession if you had thousands of years of experience? Don't let him fool you-God's way is the right way.


Comments

Sonyia said…
I'm saddened your lilsis is not here with us this week-end. We just got back from a walk over to the Brooklyn Bridge. It's cold outside but it sure was a beautiful sight to see in the evening. To see lady liberty over there in the harbor. Hopefully she can make it next trip. Warfare it is! I almost didn't come but am glad Sick Pete pushed me to. Miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.