NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.

I haven't blogged about NASCAR as of yet, but that's because it's the off season. I am a certifiable NASCAR addict, junkie, whatever you want to call it. Always hated it growing up. Then I went to a race. Now I can't stop. I don't like most kinds of racing (although bus racing has caught my eye), but give me Cup, Busch-I don't care, I'm still calling it Busch, or Truck series, and I am happy like little school girl. And so, here it comes, and just for those of you that don't know me-here are some quotes I may have heard at NASCAR events:
"I like parties."
"Yup. Laid down by the generator, now he's dead."
"You mean they were putting up a flagpole when they were electrocuted?"
"He's a REAL chef?"
"Them fire ants hurt like #$%@!"
"I'll go check on the camper, you go to the auto store with Darryl."
"You didn't bring a shirt with you, did you?"
"There's cookies in the freezer if you want one."
"That's not oregano I smell."
"Greatest sport in the world. They let you bring in your own beer."
"Greg.....Greg.....Is anyone there?"
"I am going flat out all around."
"I don't know, somin' jus broke."
"Yeah, he drives the number 3 Better Made Chevy."
"This must be your lucky day because we don't have a compact car for you. But we do have this Armada."
"What if you meant to drop?"
"Are you going to wear those sweat pants all weekend?"
"It must have rained on these cushions last night."
"I gotta lay down."

Nothing says racing like Chik-Fil-A, Waffle House, Starbucks, and Cathead Biscuits. NYC does bring the high likelihood of sadness in relation to NASCAR. You see mattsy, my nugget cousin
and Billy started a trip each year to a track a while back. Of course, not all of us have attended each year since then, but everyone was there in spirit at some point. Last year's reunion tour didn't pan out like we planned. But I don't know if this will fit into the NYC budget plans. I hope and pray that it will, but it doesn't look good.
That does make me sad. I do LOVE being there-A LOT. Plus Mattsy and I have been there each time-we're talking about at least seven years if you include MIS???

Worst case scenario, I'll take a day off when they come to Manhattan for the banquet, and watch them drive down the street. Not quite the track I was hoping for this year, but we'll see....

Comments

K said…
I cannot believe "What?" didn't make the list.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.