NYC Team

So I attend our meeting on Sunday. It's been about a month since we all got together. That was nice to be with the team, even if it was for a little while. But when we arrive, bang on the door, who opens it? skallen. She says "come on, kkallen is telling the story." I think they are in, but haven't gotten clear confirmation. Just looking at kkallen makes me cry. Looking at their kids (that are young adults now, not kids anymore!) and remembering how little they used to be, and the fun I had with them in the past.
See, the kallen's have had a huge impact on my walk. Nothing specific, no major God shining moments, but being together with them on the drama team for many years, I got to see a married couple living the way Jesus would expect them. Don't get me wrong, they're not perfect, and they will tell you that. I mean you should see them dance-it is frightening. But I've talked with skallen a few times about this whole thing, and our conversations have meant so much. I've also talked with them about many other things before NYC hit that meant so much. Neither of them have spent tons of time with both superstar and I, but skallen has ALWAYS included superstar as part of me. She knows that, and has always made a point of blessing me and the superstar. So they say to me-"you guys are such an inspiration to us". I'm thinking-ARE YOU CRAZY? WE'RE AN INSPIRATION TO YOU? HA!

It would be incredible to be on the NYC team with them, and even if they don't know it yet, I think I do. God certainly has bigger plans for them than they anticipated. So even when you don't know it, if you are following Jesus, you can be an inspiration to those that have inspired you in the past. Watch out!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it wonderful; when we are following THE LIGHT he leads us in this world like no other guide can. And then we find out our little light has been helping inspire and lead others on their walk also. I am glad you are getting some positive feed back. I am glad you are documenting them here, so you can look back when the times are hard and you can remember and see that you are following the TRUTH and moving on a journy that He started and that He will finish. So when you think you may not be affecting people the way you want you can look back and read the fact that we are influencing and affecting people all the time that we don't even know about. Take courage and stand firm for your adversary the lion is look for whom he can devour.
This comment line doesn't have spell check so I am sure you are having fits right about now having to read my crazy spelling along with my words of love. TMP

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day