Elevate in '08

For some reason, the phrase 'Elevate in '08' keeps popping into my head. Not just for my spiritual walk, but for my physical walk, my professional walk, my father walk, my husband walk, my friend walk. Everything needs to be elevated. Step up. Step out. Step in. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to make this new year's resolution, but not just one that will give me 'the same life, just 10 pounds lighter' as Zarbaugh put it. I'm going to elevate this resolution to follow a vision to die for. That's JC.

Last night was a lot of fun at mg's house with the Donald, Jacobo, mg (of course, it was his house), bb stopped by just to pacify us, and cdubs. Can't tell you how comical the sound of cdubs falling down the stairs (and I mean ALL OF THEM) was. You see, I have this assumption, and maybe I shouldn't but I do, that we will be in NYC next year for the school year. So each event, holiday, season, whatever, I look at in a whole new way. Because this may be the last new year's that I experience while living in Michigan. I hope that my assumption is what God intends, but he hasn't made that perfectly clear to me as of today. I am patiently waiting his guidance.

The 7" of snow that we got overnight is so beautiful. A blanket of warmth on all of us, awaiting the day when things begin to grow again, turn green, bud, and elevate to reach the sun. And so it is with us, God lays his perfect beautiful blanket of his one and only son over us, even when we don't deserve it, so that we may come out of our old selves and reach to him for the only life we really need.

Peace to all men and good will on earth.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad to start the New Year off with such great friends...oh yeah, and some bruises....I mean a lot of bruises.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day