Communitas Weekend

Saturday was a bbq with communitas, our coach was in town. It was nice to meet him, and he shared some things that I thought were interesting. I found that boring (guy from kensington) led me to more insight than the coach. He said you need to think about "why God wants you to be a part of this team in nyc, and what you can give to the plant." So I'm going to pray on that every day and see what happens with it. I already feel like I have some leadership skills, I have some people skills, etc, and after all this stuff to get to nyc, I feel like I could offer some insight into spiritual development for men, couples, families, maybe even churches some day. I felt compelled to tell that to boring yesterday, so we will see what God will do with that since I am willing to listen.
Also, boring said something that really rang true in my heart and my soul and my mind. He said something like -when people ask you why you are doing this-tell them "I'm tired of living for myself." So fitting to me. I am tired of living for myself. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to serve myself. Always have been, probably always will be a struggle. However, I am tired of that way of life for myself and others. And the people on this team are tired of it, too. You wouldn't believe the sense of community in communitas because this is dangerous. Take all you know, throw it out the window, suffer while you are doing it, have people point out how crazy it is over and over, and seek the joy. When I am around the others on this team, the joy overwhelms all the grief. I can't wait to be in the airport when a new team member makes their flight there to live. I can't wait to see them pull up in the moving truck. I can't wait to carry boxes (light ones) up the stairs to their apartments (or hopefully onto the elevator.). Grace and peace are yours if you follow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Cinco De Mayo. I always new you liked to live dangerously. Now i have it in writig. I know you are the ones making all the big plans and experience all the big pains...so I am glad you are having an overwhelming joy to counter that. But just don't forget there are others who are feeling some of the pain you are. We see the growth and love it, but see where it is leading. Like the mother eagle who wants her baby to fly but also knows they will travel very very far away. It is not always tea and buscuts for some of your readers.
Great advice we were not ment to live for self that is the fault of SIN.... so keep praying to see where you will be used and we will keep praying for you all. Pickel Head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day