Share the Pain

I'm not going to lie. Last week was a really tough week for me personally. No major event transpired, no specific events. Superstar was gone to a conference, so I was Mr. Mom all week. (Shout out to mg for being a single dad, and morgan's mom for being a single mom.) Not a big deal, just more work for sure, and I DID enjoy taking my girls to school, serving them, etc. However, this is a painful time at school-more layoffs loom, spirits are down, and it appears that I may not have the influence and impact I once had at rms because of the nyc thing hanging over me. Hammy spoke to me on Friday, and I greatly appreciated his trying to encourage me, give me a pep talk, or whatever you want to call it. He asked me 'are you ok'? I answered no, I'm not. I don't think I ever have given that answer before in my life. And to think, there was no event to get me to that point.
Truth be told, it has been about three weeks since I have been with the communitas group as a large group. I think that has a lot to do with it. Met with them on Friday, and really had a great night just hanging out, etc. Sunday, we meet, and it seems everyone else had the same kind of week. The part that is challenging is that everyone that is on the outside of this movement-they ask you things like "did you hear anything about the job yet" "any offers on your house" "where you going to live" "where will the kids go to school". ETC. Problem is, I don't have answers to any of those questions, only God does, and I'm trying to be patient and follow Him and His plan. That is the big shift from my old life. God is doing a new thing.

Comments

Morgan's Mom said…
Hey someone has gotta do it! thanks for the shout out.
I still have faith that God is making big plans for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.