Pickle Head

Little did I know when I was 16 years of age that a girl I knew as 'Pickle Head' would become my sister in law and be so impressive in my lifetime as an adult. Do you remember the commercial "Daddy, you gonna eat dat pickow?" That's where the pickle head thing came from. So this week superstar is at a conference at Willow Creek. The star called me fired up-you see it's not just about the kids programs, it's about teaching families to train their kids. So cool that God is working that out. I wonder if the star and I will be a team? I have felt that God could use me to have an impact on men and fathers, so maybe the things are related?

ANYwho-without the star around, I am super daddy. Only thing is, I had to go to Lansing for a meeting yesterday, so pickle head took the girls. Matter of fact, she is picking up liv all week for me. Sometimes she reads my blog and encourages me. A lot of times, she and the big pank are inspirations to the kkft. I can honestly tell you that I have ALWAYS enjoyed being with them since the beginning. (Except of course family photo time for the carlsons, but that's just my personal issue I'm still receiving grace to get through because I can't do it on my own....) I just know that God is good to those who are faithful, and the pickle head or tmp is a perfect example.
I am thankful that pank and pickle are so closely knit into our lives and our hearts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awah, Make me blush! To be called faithful to the LORD, that is the best compliment I could ever get. Flattery like that could get you lots of favors in the child care bank. Like you said "who could have known; from that night in the McD parking lot, when Pickle head was born, that we would be life long family?" And not only that but eternal family with a common goal to serve the Living King.
BTW- I loved you today by NOT buying the chocolate\carmal covered pretzels up at Maniaci's Gourment Chocolates and gifts. Can you feel the love?
K said…
so, I love pickle head too.. and I think I love her even more now that I know her name is pickle head...

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.