Back to the D

So much to write about over the last two days; and so here come the chunks:

Interview-WOW. Intensity from eight to five, although there were a few breaks throughout the day that gave you a chance to catch your breath. I think I did well, but it was grueling. It was very intense, and I understand why the program is well respected. I did enjoy the process, some really cool committed people. Best part was, they paid for me to come. Never had that happen before. Maybe that is one of the benefits of giving God control of my career path? I should know in three weeks or so.

Back up toTuesday, and I asked Pastor about this as well. I'm standing at the hotel (after multiple plane delays and finally getting there) to check in, and the girl is doing the things on the computer. I said to God: 'it would be really cool if you could get me high up on a floor at the top of the hotel.' She says-you're on the twenty-fourth floor sir, blah blah blah. Thanks God. Pastor said he does think that God blesses us with little things like that. So it was a beautiful night, get settled. I love to walk in the city, something I loved to do when I lived in Ecuador. I would just find a new way to walk, and go and see new things. So I go down, and go for a walk. I knew I was at 55th and 7th, but didn't even really have time to think about where that is at. So I start walking, and I look down a street and think-man, it is bright down that street, I'll go this way and see what is going on. Times square is going on. I just didn't realize where I was. I was thinking that 42nd is times square. ANYWHO-I love Letterman. Don't watch it much because of the late nights and whatnot, but always have enjoyed him. So I am standing across the street looking at the Ed Sullivan theatre, and there is a sweet Red Mazerati that is parked right in front of me. Of course being the spiritual giant that I am, I am coveting this car big time. Picturing superstar and I riding the open road..... So I look back over at the theater and I think to myself, "Self, I wonder if Letterman ever just walks out the front doors of the theater, or if he has a secret entrance or what...." Letterman walks out of the front of the building at that moment. I'm just saying.

Fast forward to Wednesday night-Call Kallen and he says to meet him at his new bitchin' pad. So I goes there (SEE-I'm picking up the accent already) and I sees him. I had to walk along Central Park South to get the subway, and I ate a healthy snack (I'll blog this later), standing in the glorious sunshine between buildings, listening to 'bravest surrender' on my ipod, wondering if this is the job that God has chosen for me. Power overcomes me as I stand in the sunshine he created to keep us warm at exactly the right distance from the sun so that it is not too cold and not burning our skin off. God is good to those who are faithful.
So I get to Kallen's, nice pad, great patio that I will drink beer on when it is a hot day sometime soon. Kallen and I have a great discussion. Come to think of it, we've never had a bad discussion. Just happy to be his brother. Pastor, Actor, and Ian come in with the video equipment to shoot communitas videos. We went and grabbed dinner and I ate an unhealthy meal (blog this later, too) but I did eat the entire 7 oz. burger. Loved every minute of our night. Sick pete was texting pastor inappropriate things, and we laughed and laughed. Great times. I was SO tempted to not go to sleep and just hang out with them late, but actually came to work today after flying home.

Today-tired. PS-while I'm there, I get connected via email a guy that has been giving my resume out to places, and never talked with me. He is recommending me for a head of school position in harlem. Also, a lady from edison called me to find out if I would be interested in two positions-one in indiana, and one in Hawaii. Communitas, HI. Sorry Roger, you tiger now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.