MC Roomie

So today I am leaving to go to a men's retreat in DC. Oh yeah, quite the jetsetter. If I had not been listening to God's promptings in my life I would NOT be going this weekend. So superstar had her girl's club last night, and I decided to not work at all today. I even went to bed early so that I could get up and have breakfaast with my family. So superstar got to sleep in, I got to have breakfast with the girls, get them ready for school, drive them to school, everything while the star still slept. That is not something that has happened, I don't think ever. I enjoyed this morning SO MUCH.
So then I come home, have quiet time, read my bible, talk with the star about our walk. NICE. I check my email, and I get one from MC Roomie-this is it. In my bible reading, I am in 2 Samuel, and this morning I read 7-9. In Chapter 7, David is speaking frankly with God and asks Him "Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?" And I am thinking to myself, I am experiencing much of the same things that David-you know the king that is referenced as in 'the house of David' where Jesus comes from-experienced in following His promptings. (PS-More weeping here) So I am considering how my life is different today than it was a year ago, six months ago, a week ago because I have been willing to follow His promptings. Then MC Roomie sends me this email.
KEY POINT-If you follow His promptings, and become vulnerable with others that are trying to follow as well, God will speak to you LOUD AND CLEAR in what you need to do, and how you can serve His purpose. Thanks MC Roomie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the part you wrote about not being the same guy from last year, and just last week. I thought you were fantastic before, but having Christ RULE in you has made such a great change. I guess that is why we all contiune to grow in our faith, keep being sanctified in our walk, and forever submit to the calling daily. You let her sleep in..??.. woow like I said change...next thing you know: you will be willing to only watch people play the wii and not even need a turn....that would be something. Love ya forever tmp

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

NASCAR is COMING. I Like Parties.