Up

It is not very often that I get to the movies, and it's only a matter of time availability, because I do enjoy the movies. But this week, the girls' school had a movie night that was put on by the PTA. They showed the movie "UP". So superstar was at an open house for a middle school-yup-we are in the process of finding a middle school for Alli next year-YIKES MORE TO COME-and so I took the girls to the movie night. If you haven't seen UP, you need to. THe amount of parallels to real life are overwhelming.
As I sat in the cafeteria with a bunch of students and parents, I couldn't help but be thankful for the school community that our girls ended up at. It was so cool to look around at the people there, say hello to the principal, and of course Liv's awesome teacher, Mr. Tantillo. It was a nice evening to say the least. But I am not sure that anyone else was crying like I was. The emotions I felt as the story line unfolded, and the connections I made emotionally to real life and the movie were really overwhelming. Good thing it was dark in there. I did find it interesting that as we were leaving, Olivia told me that she cried during the movie. Perhaps the most interesting part of the evening to me was afterwards. Superstar told me I would love the movie, and I did. When we were talking after, though, she told me that she saw the movie just as we were moving out of our house, and it was powerful for her to see the images of the old man loving his house. (Therein lies the importance of you seeing the movie) But as superstar told me that, I realized that not once during the movie did I think of our house in MI. Not once. Is that odd? I'm not sure. But I found it interesting that that real life connection never connected for me. I think that was a gift from God on moving here. I loved our house in MI, and I don't often miss it. But I think that God gave me a peace about that early on in this transition, and I am thankful for that.
So next time your kid has a movie night at their school, take a box of kleenex wtih you, and enjoy.

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
I am so glad you were able to go and that you enjoyed that with the girls! Sometimes those activities end up being chaotic and frustrating, but you had the right mindset and the girls were SO HAPPY you could attend.
Anonymous said…
I gota watch that one, seen parts of it. love ya. tmp

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.