Call me Oblivia

Well, today marks the beginning of the 40's for T$. Yes, I was just talking about myself in the third person, and that's dumb. Yesterday, I got many birthday wishes from so many friends and family-thanks to all of you that shared well wishes with me. I got to go watch the HS football games with my bro, dad, and mattsy. We enjoyed an afternoon together in and around the D. What a great way to spend your birthday, no matter the number. So as we were winding up the great day, I wanted to be sure to be back to my parents' house by 7-7:30 because that's when superstar said we would eat dinner. I knew some of her family was coming over, and I caught a ride with JW. As we pulled in to the driveway, for a moment I thought to myself "that's a lot of cars", but nothing more because I wasn't sure who all my mom invited over. But when I came to the door, people were waving me into the house, particularly superstar.

Unbenounced to me, friends and family had gathered to celebrate my 40th. Call me Oblivia and kiss me on the mouth. It was such a fun evening with our family, some dear friends, and all the laughter. Family abound, and friends from all ages were here. To celebrate with me. A bit overwhelming now that I sit and ponder the event. I so much enjoyed the conversations I had with every person that was here. I was so thankful to those that made their way to see me. Me. That's why they came. Superstar asked people to not bring gifts, but to bring a fond memory to share. It was a bit embarassing to stand in the kitchen and listen to the memories each person shared. I did hold it together and not cry at all-quite a feat considering some of the honoring words people shared. I looked around the room and was honored to be a part of each person's life, and so grateful that each person has spent time with me, spoke into my life, laughed with me, cried with me, and all the other things that I have shared with them.

Forty doesn't feel any different to me today. But I do feel different in my heart and in my soul because of the honor I share in spending life with those I have been able to share with in all kinds of events and occurances. Thank you to each person that is a part of my life past, present, and future. Thank you God for blessing me beyond measure and for loving me through each person that cares about me in one way or another. Love you all.

Comments

Morgan's Mom said…
So glad to hear you enjoyed your surprise birthday party. I wish I could have been there to say hello and share in the laughter, but believe me when I say I had a beer for you and wished you the best for the years to come. Happy Birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.