Fuggetaboutit 5k


So this morning, superstar, pastor, the razorback and I made our way over to prospect park. Star, pastor, and I participated in the 'Fuggetaboutit 5k'. No-I mean for real. That was the name of it. I have the shirt to prove it. Razorback is a little more ath a letic than we are, so he participated in the duathalon. That was a 5k, a 14 mile bike ride, then another 5k. He came in fifth overall, and it was really cool to cheer him on, I think he enjoyed the competition much.
I also thoroughly enjoyed the competition....with myself. My time this race was 30:57-the last one was 34:06. So much improvement. If it weren't for that gigantic hill in the last mile, I think I could have cut even more time off. So here is a photo of the three winners. Notice the trophy in superstar's hand-she won first overall for the women. You don't see the pedometers we all three won for being first in our age division. But you can see the medals we are wearing. Those are actually medals from the duathalon from Mother's Day, but they gave them to us too. All this on a beautiful morning with fall colors, an expected temperature of 68 degrees today. Thank you God for such incredible opportunities in this city. To share with old friends and new. On to the next. We'll be spending some time with our new neighbors again today, and attending an art show in the city an old friend from my american village days will participate in. I am thankful for the fact that 'all things are new' in my journey, and for the fact that the sun (and the son) shines on me each day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
SHUT UP!
That is so extreamly cool. I think you are amazing!!
Praise the LORD!
tmp
Anonymous said…
WOW, that is great, congrats to all of you. Think about all of you, keep safe, hug the girls. love you all. Aunt Liz
K said…
I am very proud of you guys, especially Superstar!
Morgan's Mom said…
How flippin cool is that!!??!! very proud running would not be my strong suit so I am very envious of you.
Great job.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.