Another Championship

Yes, it's true. I'm still a gigantic NASCAR fanatic. I love racing. I so appreciate the amount of work that goes into what most people dub: "driving around in circles". Yeah, that's why Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota pour millions and millions of dollars into the sport. Anywho, a few of my compadres have had a fantasy league for a few years now, and that makes it even more interesting. Again this year, I came up with the championship with a margin of 269 points. I felt kind of like Jimmy Johnson at the end, and here's my post to my competitors that donated their money to the championship purse:

I can't say enough about the crew, my sponsors-Red Bull and Belvedere Vodka, Starbucks, and the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce. Without them, we would not have been able to have the season we did. Although I did feel a bit like Jimmy Johnson during the chase, it was another great year of racing with y'all. Can't say how I'll spend the winning purse yet, but I'm looking forward to it.Just want to give some shout outs-To the quitters that sucked-better luck next year.To Fishbone-what a start up season to come in second!To Nugget-way to finish last with humility.To Mattsy-Way to not suck as bad as you used to. To all my competitors-we'll be back next year, please invite your friends to participate if they can handle the pressure.Lastly, to my wife for tolerating all my racing interests and for supporting me through a tough season: moving our HQ, and new 'shop' location. I love you, schmoopy.

Only 80 days until Daytona......

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
Happy to see the shout out to wifey, or I was going to have to comment about 6 hours straight of "VROOM Vroooom VRRRROOOOOOOM" (with announcers yelling to be heard over the revving engines) on a sunday afternoon in an 800 sq ft apt with NOWHERE to go to escape the sound. Nugget might be glad the season is over for her own reasons, I am just glad it's over.period.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.