Lordy, Lordy, T$ is Forty

So you have seen the signs out on the yard, the advertisements in the newspaper, the painted sheet hanging from the pole barn, whatever. People inform us of the big four-o in many ways. Forty always seemed like an 'older' adult to me. Until you actually hit it yourself. Now, forty doesn't seem old at all. It feels pretty fantastic to be honest with you. I am (I think) the healthiest I have been since I was in high school-unless of course you want to talk about my back hurting me this week. I feel like I have hit a sweet spot in my life, and I am enjoying nearly every aspect of my life like I have never enjoyed them in the past. I don't feel like forty is old anymore. I feel like it is the best age to be.

Top that off with being able to return to MI for Thanksgiving-spending time with family and friends being thankful together. What a treat for your birthday weekend, and what a way to enter the next decade of life. I am thankful for the last 39 years. Each moment that God has allowed me to experience that have built me into the person I am today. Each person that has come into my life that I might be a different person because of my interactions with them. For my parents that have loved me unconditionally so that I might be a productive adult, for my family and friends that have enjoyed joy and hurt and life together in good, bad, and ugly times. For all the beauty in this world that God has allowed me to experience, I am ever thankful. Bring on the next decade of blessings and experiences!! I'm ready for the fours.

Comments

Dee Jay said…
you now have to change the little thing on the top where it says ALMOST forty. because as of last night you are forty. old geezer.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.