Listen up - and Sign In

At our school, we provide a 'moral focus' aspect to our students' education. We teach a moral virtue each month, and provide students some guidance on what those aspects look like in our school, in our community, and in our world. As part of this learning, we have an assembly daily where the entire school community gathers to focus on this learning. This month, as would be expected, is 'GRATITUDE.' (Shout out to tmp for thanksgiving thursdays this month.) And over the last three weeks or so, our communitas planning team challenged each other, or was it pastor that challenged us? Anywho - here is the gig. Wake up each day and pray the prayer "Jesus, reveal yourself to me today." It's a simple prayer when you say it out loud, in your head, or write it in your journal. Anyway you look at it, it's simple. And why is it surprising to me that Jesus doesn't respond to my asking over the last few weeks with some gigantimous event, but putting the simplicity of who He is in front of me each day as I continue to ask the question when I wake each morning. Simple things. A beautiful thing. A smile. A sunrise. A friend encouraging someone they love. Dinner with neighbors that are struggling with cancer and keimo. Time with friends. A job that I love. Simplicity.
But back to the plot. Today in our assembly, one of our teachers took her turn to share, and below is what she shared, as she read it to the entire school community - I'm not tooting my horn. I'm sharing the simplicity of a message from Jesus with you:
Thank you, T$.
I wish we said it every time
You do the things you do.
You always lend a helping hand,
And we're filled with gratitude.
You are supportive and generous
For each and every one of us.
We are extremely grateful,
We cannot say thanks enough.
I balled. In front of everyone. Jesus said to me-what you are doing is important. Don't forget it. He stood next to me in the gymnasium and showed me His love in a very simplistic way. Thanks for that encouragement that will get me through tough days for a long time.

Now-that's the listen up. Take the challenge. When you wake up, ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you this day. You may not have the life changing event of the year.........or will you?

Here's the sign in-I have a sitemeter on my blog. I can see where people are looking at this blog from. If you're still reading at this point, that means you are actually interested in what I write. So sign in. Post a comment, and say who you are if you like. If not, just say where you are looking at this right now. Because I am curious who from Poland might be tuning in, or Wisconsin, or Panama. Listen up....and sign in.

Comments

Superstar said…
Signing in from Brooklyn NY. Love you and am glad Jesus showed his love for you through your staff today. Hope you know how loved you are by so many!
K said…
This is the Mayor of Damascus signing in...
Anonymous said…
I caught my "shout out".
Extreamly wonderful that she wrote and shared those amazing words. In poem form no less; just like your creative self.
Made me shed a tear (ok I balled too)~ made Josiah get all worried something was wrong. I replied, "nope, God is just shining His love and grace on those who need it".
tmp Michigan born and raised.
Anonymous said…
WOW! Reading this from Mount Clemens, MI. Your blog is so inspiring! Thank you!
Sonyia said…
I keep up with you in my reader so I'm not logged on your site meter. But I still read regular from Troy, MI. You are all missed so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.