Waiting on God

Waiting for God to show you His plan is not fun. It is painstaking. Especially when most people come up to you and the first thing they say is something along the lines of :

"So when are you moving?"
"So what is the latest on the New York deal?"
"So what if you don't get a job?"
"So when are you planning on leaving?"

WE DON'T KNOW OK. I would like to leave tomorrow, and never to look back. Because superstar and I are do-ers. We going to do this? Yes. OK, then let's DO IT. But not this time. God has us in the valley before the big show. The valley is here to teach us so many things. Patience. Character. Trust. Faith. Listening. Did I mention patience?

So we go to new community last night-I am so glad that I did because I have been mr. negativity pants lately. But I shed those pants last night, and I have a new fervor for waiting on God. Norman spoke this question-"Where did you see God today?" What a glorious question! Something we should be asking ourselves each day. I told the star we need to make this question a regular part of dinner conversation with the girls. What a great way to share insight into God being present and alive each day.

So I'm mulling over the question and I need a piece of paper to write this down:

Where did you see God today?

I saw God jump off the page and grab my heart.
I saw Him in my daughters' smiles.
I saw God in the loving kiss of my wife.
I saw Him in my friend's greeting.
I saw God when I went to church.
I saw Him fly by me on the golf course.
I saw God in the music flowing into my ears.
I saw Him in every man, woman, and child.

I saw God today.

Comments

Sonyia said…
"For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3 (NIV)

*** *** *** ***

If you ever find yourself in God’s waiting room – waiting for an answer, a change, or a miracle – you just need to stop and trust God. He’s never late or in a hurry, because his timing is perfect." - R. Warren

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.