Pastor's Time

So yesterday, sick pete and I packed up the moving van for pastor and the family. There was a lot of joy to be had in the truck, in the garage, and in general. Even if sick pete was late for breakfast. The visualization of their home empty was a clarification of what exactly is going on here. It is exciting for me to watch them pack and go, but the reality of it is striking. Take your whole life, your home, your world, and get rid of it all. I have been so eager to do just that, but what I should be doing is enjoying the fact that my world has not gone away just yet. I should enjoy the fact that we still have a stove in our house. I should enjoy the fact that we still have a couch to sit on. Etcetera. So I am going to try to do just that. I am going to try to enjoy being in a place where I don't know where God will have our family next week, next month, or even next year. I will do my best to demonstrate the joy of God, and the fact that our Creator loves us and blesses us no matter where we are. You in?


PS-Here is a picture from the tigers game last Tuesday. Thanks again Briggsy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok busy daddy-O, summer loven man...what did you forget how to post? I need input. I need juice. I need you to keep my habit going!!! don't let me down. Pickel head.
Anonymous said…
Seriously, where are you? You think you can just galavant around with your wife and kids and neglect your blog habit! Get your priorities straight. We need our fix of mustard seed news! You gave me poo when I neglected my blog for a week. . . now you see how crazy life is when you are running around at the pace of your children. Somehow sitting in front of the computer gets more difficult :) Love you

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.