More and More and More

Topic 1: So, back to the Combine Demolition Derby. If you have a pulse, you need to go to the Iosco County Fair and see this. People strap themselves onto a machine designed to harvest crops, and then they smash into other people on the same type of machines until the axles fall off, they blow up, or they can't smash into each other anymore. Here I am sitting on one of the losers:

It was a lot of fun, and you can see all of the images here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/timmkellynyc/Derby

Topic 2: It has been nearly a year since I felt like God was calling me to be a part of the communitas-nyc team. Next week will mark the one year anniversary of that event. It appears from an outsider looking in that not much has happened in the way of the Kelly family getting to nyc and being a part in this plant. Still have not gotten a job there, have not sold the house here. But take a look at the post by the world renowned 'superstar' about the last year HERE. What an honor for me to have such an incredible godly woman for my wife. If all else fails and falls apart, I am so blessed to be on this journey with the most beautiful woman God has ever created. (Oh, yeah, I'll fight you for that honor. Unless you're bigger and stronger than I am, and then maybe we can talk things out.) The interesting thing to me is watching God transform our lives into what He wants them to be-submission to His will, and for us to give up our strongholds of sin along the way. I can guarantee you 100% money back that if you open your hands with those areas of your life, you will then begin to truly 'get it' and grow closer to God. If you hold onto them, you will not be able to put them down and walk down the path of proximity to Him who made you. So what are you holding onto? Are you really willing to put it down here on the path between this crazy, messed up world, and walk away from it-so that-you might grow closer to Jesus and experience the joy and the 'life to the full' that only He can promise us????

Topic #3: Ecclesiastes. If you want to wallow in squalor (thanks for that phrase hammy), go read the book of Ecclesiastes. Basically, the entire book talks about how life is meaningless, all the things we do in this life have no point, and everything is on a road to death. Really uplifting, right? So I am reading this, and wondering if it is a frame of mind for me, or if it is really that depressing. So I talk to pastor about it on Crystal Lake-and I knew this, but we talked about this leading us to the very important message of Jesus-that without Him, there is no hope in this life, that if you are somewhat normal, life would be depressing with all roads leading to nowhere. So you want a lift? Go read Ecclesiastes and take heart, for Jesus has overcome this world.

Topic #4: Are you tired of my add post yet? Too bad, I'm not even rolling yet. I mentioned the beauty of superstar earlier. After meeting with pastor and his wife last week, superstar emailed me some passages that talk about being an 'overseer' or 'deacon'. Pastor said to us-"If you do lead the team of people here in Michigan, you are going to be like a pastor. So is there anything that might be holding you back from following God, or hearing from Him, or preventing you from being a leader for Him?" (OH NO, THAT WASN'T CHALLENGING AT ALL!!!!!!) So superstar texts me a bunch of passages, and it gets me stuck in the book of Peter. If you are on the fence about how we are to live our lives, go read the book of Peter. For example, 1Peter 2:11/12-"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."
This brings out some interesting points-first we should all be friends with each other. Second-we are aliens and strangers in this world-if you live a life of Christ, the world will think you are a strange person. Third-abstain from sinful desires-if you think that everyone doesn't desire to sin, you be crazy. Fourth-we should live a life that attracts attention because of the good that we do in this world, so that non-believers might come to know and glorify God. All that from just two verses. Get going on the book of Peter, there is quite a bit of meat on that bone.

Topic #5-There is something going on in my personal life that I am not ready to blog about, but I can tell you that it is a challenging situation. I am not sure I can confront the situation without anger or haste. If you read this, and you are a believer, pray for me in this situation (I'm certain that God knows what it is), and maybe some day I will be able to blog it. For now, I appreciate your prayers.

Topic #6-Ok, there is not a number six, but it was just to see if you would keep reading. Summer time is a great time of year, and I love the weather we have been having. Enjoy each moment of your day today, each moment of your week this week, each person that you come into contact with. Grace and Peace in abundance to you.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the kind words about your wife. . . and you know I'm praying for you every day about #5 and about everything else!
One more thing, your mom's in the combine derby.
Morgan's Mom said…
Great post I had to break to get more coffee, just soaking it all in!
Your in my prayers #5.
K said…
your mom would rock the combine derby!!! remember that guy she hit with her mirror once?

#5 is in prayer daily

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.