Shoot for the fireworks, then ask questions

Week of Fun-

It's been too long since my last post. SO MUCH happened this week, and I will give you a brief run down.

Brother was in town this week, got to spend some quality time with he and his family. Even went to Emil's for a beer. We both have girls the same ages, and they ran and played and ran and swam and ran and screamed and ran and.........well, you get the picture. It was great to take Big Red out to the parents and set up shop all week. The weather was absolutely perfect all week, thanks be to God.

A lot of events for communitas this week-job interviews, house rentings, people feeling compelled to move there even without jobs. Not sure what all of that means for us. Met with the pastor last week, and he asked if I would be willing to lead communitas-michigan when they go. OUCH. Reality looms over my head that God may not have us move to nyc this fall. That really hurts me to think about, and it saddens me that I might not be there this fall. I do trust that God's plan is better than mine, and I will follow him, even if it means to follow him to 35601 woodside. Still almost started balling at the thought of it. Did get to golf with the pastor that day, too. That was nice.

Saturday was the 'surprise' fortieth anniversary party for mom and dad-hon and hon as nugget refers to them. It was great to celebrate what a covenant relationship is supposed to be with them, with family, with friends. Berman even came and set up the big system so we could blow up some jams. Shout out to my homey from the west siiiiiiiiiiiide.

Sunday was one of the most special days of my life. Allison has been asking about being baptised for a while now, and superstar really spent a lot of quality time with alli to make sure she knew what that meant, and alli was totally prepared and 'got it.' With all of those discussions going on, Olivia joined the frey and wanted to get baptised too. We did it grandma and grandpa kelly's pool with the pastor, a few family members, and of course some of my communitas homeys. Brother is even learning to play the guitar, so we got to worship God together as part of the 'ceremony', and that was something special. What an honor to be with this group of people and worship Jesus and his gift of mercy. (No, I'm not crying. It's just my stupid allergies!)
The morning of, I read John 6, in which Jesus talks about the 'bread of life'. A few things hit me:
John 6:35 "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
-I am so thankful that my girls believe. I know with great confidence that they will never
go hungry, and never be thirsty.
John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."
-I pray that my girls will always look to do the will of God, not of their own accord. (Heck
I don't even own an accord.)

You can watch the videos here:

Allison:
http://lovelocklive.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=1645011%3ATopic%3A7472&xgs=1
Olivia:
http://lovelocklive.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=1645011%3ATopic%3A7426&xgs=1

Oh, and by the way. I love superstar. She loves me no matter what. This is not a new revelation, just a renewed sense of perfection in our marriage. Not to say we are perfect, because we are not, but we are perfect for each other. Love you superstar.

So I have three tix to the tigers game tonight. Briggsy got delayed in nyc for an interview, so I picked up his tix. Daddy/girls night out will be great. Looking forward to it.

Sorry there is so much packed in here, but I'm trying to catch up. After the dial up episode, I don't know how people live with it.


Comments

K said…
don't give me links I don't have passwords for...
K said…
thank you very much!!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.