Stuck in Paradise

I have a few things to blog about, but right now I sit in a little corner of paradise commonly referred to as Beulah, Michigan.  I brought Big Red up here for pastor and his family so that they could enjoy their vacation with the whole fang damily.  This is pastor's dad's house, and it sits at the end of a dead end two track on Crystal Lake, which is arguable the most beautiful lake I have ever seen.  So we are on the way up here, and the power steering and brakes go out.  Come to find out the belt broke, but I had to wrestle Big Red without ps/pb for the last 80 miles or so.  Not as bad as I initially thought, but it was work.  But we got it here.  We're setting it up, and we hear a bang, or pastor does.  All he wanted to do this week is go sailing, and he says-"Well, you can forget the sailing, look at the sailboat."  The mast had snapped off the sailboat, and was laying over the side.  Two strikes for the day.  But we do get to sit here in this beautiful place, and I am going to stay the night so I can find a mechanic on a Monday that won't cost a minimum of $130/hour with a two hour minimum to come out.

I will post more on the Combine Demolition Derby when I get back home, and that is a tease enough to keep you hanging for now.  You'll have to check back for more later.  

I went for an interview last Wednesday in Grand Rapids for a potential internship in a Detroit school with a slight possibility of opening a school in Brooklyn next fall.  That went about as well as it could go, and I hope to speak more about that in the near future...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.