Love For Sale

"And then.............depression set in."

So we own this house. We can't own the house and afford to move to NYC. We need to sell it. I am SO fortunate that my dad is such an awesome man. You see, he is a plumber. And a heater. And a licensed builder. And does finish carpentry. Etc. Among all of his talents, the greatest one is his gift of giving. Maybe that's why I tend to be so giving of my time, energy, and talents. Because he modeled that for us. Never complained, never gave out of compulsion. I remember going to Mrs. Asquiths' house on Christmas Eve one year because her heat wasn't working. She was in her 90's I think.
Anywho-back to my dad. The casa de kelly that we have now is only because of my dad. He helped us draw up the plans that we wanted. He organized his friends, contacts, etc. in order to make this house a possibility. He called in chits. He 'traded' things for our house to be a possibility. He allowed us to move into his house while we built ours (With a three year old and a newborn, by the by.) They call it the 'building trades' because that's what tradesmen do, they trade work on each others projects. Talk about community-if they have take care of the other in the past, then they owe the other guy when it's his turn.
So we put our house on the market. I can tell you that the housing market in Michigan is AWESOME-if you are a buyer and not a seller. I am SOOOOO thankful that we are able to sell it and walk away with some money. There is only one reason that is a possibility-my Dad. I love him so. He has always given me the benefit of the doubt. He has always held high expectations of me. He has always forgiven me. Know any other Fathers like that? Just one that I know personally. :)

PS-We have a showing on Saturday, just listed on Wednesday. PRAY.

Comments

Sonyia said…
A showing already! That is AWESOME! You must be totally priced right and I'm sure it helps that you do have a beautiful house.
K said…
I will be so sad to see that house empty of my favorite Kelly girls, but I hope the next owners will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed the birthdays, race nights, parties, babysitting and all the other fun I have had there. It does feel like a house built by love and Uncle Tim ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day